Building an Etsy shop that sells – Complete guide
- May 19, 2017
- Posted by: Mukesh Garg
- Category: Marketplace
Looking to start selling online, but not sure where to begin?
if your answer is yes then this blog is for you.
Etsy is a global online marketplace where people can sell vintage, handmade goods & crafts. It is a great place to empower small business.
We are going to discuss how you can set up your business for success. If you have decided that it is time ready to launch your online business here is some key steps you can take. So that you can run your business smoothly. You can discover that the thing that you make can go somewhere and can be something, could be a business or lifestyle for you.
here we will discuss some of the skills necessary to run a business from home. after you read this blog I really hope that you will share your product idea, your product gallery.
What is a marketplace?
A marketplace is a community of people, it could be online, offline who come together to sell goods or services. Most of our shopping are online these days. Obviously, Etsy is one of the most popular marketplaces. Online marketplaces allow people to connect with specific goods that they are looking for. It can do this more efficiently than traditional in-person shopping.
If you just get started and you don’t have that brand loyalty and people don’t know you are existing.
Who should sell on Etsy?
Refine your products
- knowing your product: What is your product and why you are bringing it to the market?
- Knowing your customer: how you gonna identifying them? How are you gonna catch their eyes?
So there is the difference between to making something and deciding that you want to sell that thing. you have to really think about your product and think about what’s gonna make it good in the context of the marketplace. that could be doing some research on the marketplace how other sellers who are selling similar products like yours, selling their products, what material and tactics they are using. and you can ask some questions to yourself
- what make my products unique.: it could be tiny details or it could be the significant detail. it could be how it is made.
- what is my products function? : does your product actually solve a problem, does it brings certain emotion, does it provides a certain pleasure or joy. what change it took in customer’s life if they buy.
- What is my motivation? why did you decide to make this? think back to your motivation because that can help you to connect your customer.
So being descriptive will really help you to understand your product and for the user who will use it. that ultimately gonna help you because when you need to catch the attention of your buyer you gonna know exactly how to talk about your product and how to highlight it.
Finding your target customer
Your target customers are the shopper who is most likely to connect with you and your product based on things like lifestyle, location, demographics, price etc. So knowing your target customer is important because that gonna allow you to create all of your messaging, your marketing, your branding to catch the eye of your consumer.
how to identify your target customer, you wanna think through
- do you have a niche market and who are that person.
Discoverability is how easy it is for your potential customers to find your products. it decides whether or not they will able to see your products or not. When a customer searches online for a product they want to purchase, search engine crawl throughout the marketplace for the best possible match.
SEO ( Search engine optimization)
SEO increase discoverability by becoming more visible on search engine.
There are some actions you can take to improve your discoverability.
- Use specific keywords:: keywords are important for how the internal search engine algorithm works
- Write descriptive titles
- Stay authentic
How do you know that discoverability is working for you or not, in terms of keywords, SEO are actually driving traffic to your shop.
You should notice some sort of traffic boost, query if it is working for you. If it is not then it is a good time to do an audit and think about what you can tweak and make small changes. You can change your tags, you can also try with different description and title for your product. In Etsy, we have a tool called. it allow you to really analyze
Goals for the future
Why set goals?
- clear goals help make your decisions.
- goals help clarify how to structure your business.
Reflecting on your goals
- Am I meeting my goals?
- If not, where am I falling short?
- is it time to adjust my goals?